This time I say “So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish” to this wonderful monument. I will need to return to redo the main room and maybe some photographs for the top, I have a slight fear of heights that could prohibit the latter though.
There are things I learned for this project and I thought I would share them with you.
- I had pre-visualised and planed the Panoramic HDR of the Cenotaph Room and it shows in the final image.
- Organise with the caretaker to be able to enter with your tripod before hand, maybe even to get in at a time where the monument is empty.
- Do not be in a rush, if you need to do the photo again, do it.
- Think up, down and both ways the Cenotaph fisheye photograph came about that way.
- Take your time looking and planning on site too, something I need to learn.
- Take your time with the post processing, redo it if you feel you need to.
And finally a big tank you to the staff of the Voortrekker Monument for their support.